We have a number of policies that we would like you to read. If, after reading them, you have any questions please contact us using the form at the bottom of the page.
Harrogate Gymnastics was set up in 2009 to try and bring the amazing sport of gymnastics to children North Yorkshire. Our goal is to offer gymnastics to all levels and all abilities of Gymnast.
Programs are offered from beginner through competitive elite gymnastics and training from 45 minutes 1 day per week to 20+ hours per week of intensive training.
Health Safety And Welfare Statement
This is to confirm that Harrogate Gymnastics Club and Academy has adopted the British Gymnastics Health, Safety and Welfare Policy 2014.
Harrogate Gymnastics Club and Academy strives to ensure that children and vulnerable adults protected and safe from harm whilst participating in gymnastics classes. The British Gymnastics Safeguarding & Protecting Children Policy and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy can be viewed on the British Gymnastics website.
Harrogate Gymnastics Anti–Bullying Policy
Harrogate Gymnastics take all signs or allegations of possible bullying seriously. Disruptive, threatening or inappropriate behaviour of any kind including bullying is unacceptable and will not be tolerated.
Bullying can be:
- Emotional – being unfriendly,
Children and Vulnerable Adults Protection Policy
Harrogate Gymnastics Club strives to ensure that children and vulnerable adults are protected and safe from harm whilst participating in gymnastics, trampolining and ballet classes. We endeavour to promote the highest standards of care for participants and willingly accept responsibility for:
- A duty of care for all children and vulnerable adults whilst they are on the premises
- Specifically appointing and training a staff member for the role of “Children &
Harrogate Gymnastics is committed to exemplary standards of conduct through the principles of equity and good ethical and moral frameworks. The club encourages individuals from all communities to become involved in all levels of participation, coaching, officiating and management. Associate Membership of the Club is open to all the community and without discrimination on the grounds of ethnicity,
Disruptive or threatening behaviour of any kind is unacceptable in this gym and will not be tolerated.
Harrogate Gymnastics Club operates a strict three strikes policy.
- Any gymnast, parent or carer failing to meet our behaviour standards will receive a verbal warning.
Guidelines For Parents, Guardians and Visitors
As part of the club’s Child protection policies for children and vulnerable adults we kindly request that all non-members on the club premises adhere to the following rules and procedures:
- Please do not enter the gym unless specifically requested to do so by a coach.
Gymnasts are expected to:
- arrive on time
- dress suitably for their class
- follow the instructions of the coach at all times
Anyone who is more than 10mins late will not be allowed to join in with the session
Gymnasts must not climb upon or use any equipment unless instructed to do so by a coach.
How to Report a Concern, Complaint or Grievance
- All minor complaints or grievances relating to the gymnastic training or behaviour of members should in the first instance be addressed by speaking with the Coach in charge of your child’s group at an appropriate time.